Born and raised in India my natural inclination was towards natural handmade textiles. The colours, technique and more importantly the uniqueness and care of each piece which had a different energy and feel as compared to the impersonal machine produced textiles were and are not just my fascination but my weakness. So I decided to take my sensitivity further by taking a bachelors degree in Clothing and Textiles, specializing in Indian handlooms. My natural inclination and flair for handmade textiles made me design for friends, theatre and dance performances, to eventually launch my own brand of SHREE SCARFS: exclusively handmade Indian scarfs.
What we do:
1) Welcome: we will have time to get to know each other and discuss what we think fashion and textiles.
2) Talk: a talk about various Indian handmade textile traditions and practical examples of scarf.
3) Workshop: you will learn about the dyes, dye bath, blocks, the fabric its treatment etc. We will prepare the dye and the dye bath. Finally, you will be provided a piece of fabric to create a piece of hand block printed fabric themselves. At the end of the workshop, you will take your creation with you as a souvenir.
- No previous experience required. We will provide you everything along with the expertise.
- Just bring a good mood and a big smile.
Note: There will be a display of Shree Scarfs for sale.
Location: Art Telheiras (2 mins walk from Telheiras Metro) after booking the class we will share with you the exact directions.
Dates: 25 April, 16H:30– 19H
1 May’ Wednesday 16H30 -19H
*The wokshop can also be done on a specific date of choice of a group of minimum 5 participants.
Group Size: 5-8 participants minimum
Fee: 25€ / participant