I’ve been working as a professional jeweller for five years, building my own brand as well as hosting workshops and sharing this passion with others that have an interest in making jewellery or just curious about the craft and want to learn more.
This course will introduce you to the basics of a traditional craft in jewellery making. No previous experience is required.
- Introducing the hand tools and equipment.
- Simple techniques including saw piercing, soldering, filing and finishing.
- You will create a charm pendant in sterling silver.
- You will design and make a piece of jewellery of your own.
- Guidance and mentoring which will enable you to adapt ideas.
- A 3X4 cm silver sheet and all hand tools and equipment are on site.
We will conduct our workshop at my home studio in Cacilhas on the 9th floor with a balcony that looks out to the Rio Tejo bay. The studio has lots of light and is in a calm, relaxed neighbourhood.
Each workshop is 160€ per person and includes all tools and materials (see above for details) as well as light refreshments, tea/coffee and nibbles.
6 hours (+1 hour break in between) 10am – 5pm
- We will be using a blow torch as part of the making process.
- A ready made 16″ silver chain is available at an extra cost, if you wish to add this to complete your pendant.
- Age 14+