Paula Vieira has been creating handcrafted jewellery in Portugal since 1994.
As an innovator in the industry in her own right, Paula Vieira also loves to ignite this passion for creativity in others and has been teaching jewellery design since 1996. From both her cosy studio and schools in Lisbon & Porto, Paula has built up a reputation as a teacher who can help her students realise their true potential in the field & become artists in their own right.
Course and general Information
Learn the skills to create a ring or pendant of your own design using wax working techniques, such as carving and forming. These will then be cast by a commercial caster in sterling silver. On the second day, learn to clean and polish the cast rings.
*Age – above 14
*No previous experience required. Suitable for absolute beginners.
*We’ve kept the class small and limited to 3 students, so you get the attention you deserve.
*I’ll be in touch to arrange the perfect time that works for you.
• Introducing basic tools and equipment;
• Designing a piece of your own;
• Learn to carve and prepare waxes to be cast in metal.
• Learn how to finish your wax to get a clean casting.
• Experiment with two types of wax, mouldable and sheet.
• At the end of the first lesson, your wax ring or pendant will be weighed to
identify the cost of the metal it is to be cast in.
• Receive your metal rings or pendant back from the casters
• Learn to clean, file and polish your ring to the finish you desire.
180€ per person
*All tools and materials provided
*Castings weighing above 5gr will be an extra cost.
*Expect to spend between €20 and €50 on casting and material, depending on how chunky the ring is.
*Extra findings and chains in sterling silver are available at an extra cost.
Students should bring
• Wear covered shoes, long pants or skirts, hair tied back
• Safety glasses