DATE: May 28th
TIME: 9 am – 4 pm (one hour break in between)
LOCATION: Paula Vieira`s studio (central Lisbon)
Rua Bulhão Pato, 3D
Paula Vieira has been creating handcrafted jewellery in Portugal since 1994.
As an innovator in the industry in her own right, Paula Vieira also loves to ignite this
passion for creativity in others and has been teaching jewellery design since 1996.
From both her cosy studio and schools in Lisbon & Porto, Paula has built up a
reputation as a teacher who can help her students realise their true potential in the field
& become artists in their own right.
Course and general Information
This one-day intensive jewellery making course is a great introduction if you’d like to see if you enjoy working with metal.
Students can work from a basic template that can be modified to reflect their own creative style or bring their own design ideas. Have fun learning some techniques of traditional jewellery making and walk away with beautiful sterling silver earrings.
*Age – above 14
*No previous experience required. Suitable for absolute beginners.
*We’ve kept the class small and limited to 3 students, so you get the attention you deserve.
*I’ll be in touch to arrange the perfect time that works for you.
• Introducing basic tools and equipment;
• Designing a piece of your own;
• Sawing and cutting – How to cut metal using professional jewellery saw
frames and blades.
• Annealing and texturing – learn a couple of ways to texture your jewellery
• Forming, piercing, soldering and pickling;
Filing and finishing – learn how to file and emery your jewellery to bring it to
your desired finish
• Cold joining – How to join different materials together
• Patination – A special blackening compound can be used to highlight areas
of your design on your jewellery.
140€ per person
All tools and materials provided
Extra findings and chains in sterling silver are available at an extra cost.
Students should bring
• Wear covered shoes, long pants or skirts, hair tied back
• Safety glasses